We work with our closely with our environment at all times.
We have devised a number of working practices and procedures are in place to recycle our products, paper use awareness and streamlining our transport and energy conservation initiatives.
We will collect and responsibly dispose of equipment at the end of a products life irrespective of when and where purchased. We will charge for this service at cost only.
We adhere to the WEEE Directive ensuring we offer safe and responsible disposal of old fridges, microwaves, and the cooking equipment covered by the directive.
We are aware of the impact our business activity has on the local environment and are
continually reviewing our procedures and processes to ensure that we continue to reduce our environmental impact.
WE ARE DEDICATED TO IMPROVING ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN YOUR KITCHEN ENVIRONMENT.
Here is how to make savings:
- Use your existing equipment as efficiently as possible.
- Use pans that have the proper base size for hobs.
- Keep lids on pans.
- Ensure that simmer controls are used where possible.
- Locate your refrigerators in a cooler part of the kitchen away from the hot cooking equipment – this means your fridge wont have to work as hard.
- Don’t leave open refrigeration equipment doors & fit coldroom curtains where required.
7.Ensure fridges have plenty of ventilation – staff can often inadvertently block ventilation panels.
- Overloading a fridge or freezer means the equipment has to work much harder – this uses excessive energy and could shorten the life of the equipment.
9.Ensure extractor hood grease filters are cleaned regularly.
10.Turning gas burners off when not in use saves gas, lowers the temperature of the kitchen meaning refrigeration equipment doesn’t have to work as hard.
Maintenance and Servicing:
- Check gaskets and check the seal – a bad seal can mean an 11% loss in efficiency.
- Cleaning the condenser coil improves air flow to refrigeration equipment.
- Service your equipment regularly.
- Recycle parts wherever possible.